19.4.12

under the walnut tree

To all my culinary friends out there. This book is simply so luscious I took it home the day it arrived, (along with Kelly and Alice)....
Take ginger for example. Home made dry ginger ale, deep fried ginger to garnish salads and every ginger tea imaginable... and I haven't got to the curries yet!

Just having a week alone focusing on ginger would put me in ginger heaven!!! These two Scandivanians have created something so good, you just want to find the walnut tree and curl up under it.

Speak of the devil, my sister-in-law has just opened 'Walnut Cottage' in Burrawang for weekend stays. It is so so romantic (and old), and blissfully quiet with Burrawang Pub a stones throw away and Burrawang Cafe also just across a country lane.

I am staying there soon, so will keep you posted. For all you sneaky instant gratification girls- perouse it here.  Beware, it will make you want to book a weekend away...


Now something to stir the honey pot, Alice and I are putting our culinary skills into action, and coming face to face with each other in Le cook off !!! Stay posted all you hungarians...

 

{SC - LJ}

No comments:

Post a Comment