20.2.12

My Favourite Pastime

Cooking is one of my favourite things to do and seriously the recipies I gather from cookbooks here at work are fast becoming my everyday staples. Talk about spoilt for choice!!!

 'Monday Morning Cooking Club' is one of those cookbooks that has a recipe for every occasion. I'm sure my kids will recollect the Tomato Soup with Basil when they are older and think it was a family thing that has been handed down over the generations.  I'm sure it is, just not in my family!!! Even Lauren's Tuna Salad is so fantastic you think you are eating something naughty when really it is packed full of goodness.



I'm mainly a Domestic Goddess in training and love to bake! When "Bake" first came in I said No, No, No to myself because I have so many cookbooks I need another room in my house for them. Then I saw the brownie recipe and knew I had to go home and make them.  I have since had friends constantly requesting yet another batch and have happily overheard the comment "You should try Kelly's brownies they are unbelievable"! And honestly they are so easy it is ridiculous....
The Chocolate-Orange Cake is super rich and the perfect remedy for heartbreak ( not that you need an excuse to eat this decadent treat). Move over Nigella I'm Taking your crown!

"Jo Seagar" of course needs no explanation and we were running a tally at one point because we were selling so many of her gem "The Cook School Recipes".

My darling marble dove sitting so serenely atop these books is actually the culprit that lured me into Serin Cini in the first place. I saw her from outside and knew she was meant to live in my kitchen so I came in and after a fabulous chat with Larissa and Simonetta I enquired about a job! The rest is history. And she has been perched on whatever cookbook I happen to be using ever since. x

{KC-SC}






No comments:

Post a Comment